Do you want to contribute to the sustainable future through trading operations management? Are you enthusiastic about intelligent and effective software solutions to the energy transition? Finally, do you want to actually make a difference?
Join us at suena as a Head of Trading Operations (F/M/X) and support us in taking ownership of the trading processes, expanding our operations function and driving our success.
suena, short for sustainable energy applications, is a green tech startup specializing on energy trading software for Energy Storage Systems. The focus lies on maximizing profits and reducing risks on short-term electricity and balancing markets for grid-scale energy storage asset owners through our AI-based optimization and trading software.
As a member of our leadership team you will shape trading operations from scratch and be the sole responsible person of them.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and settle the Trade Lifecycle steps, ensuring trades are correctly captured, confirmed, settled in a timely manner
- Handle Risk Management activities by diligently monitoring and managing trading-related risks: credit, liquidity, counterparty/exchange, regulatory and trading risks
- Oversee the nominations and scheduling process, including a clear oversight and reporting with the scheduling agent
- Ensure up to date understanding of key regulatory requirements and processes E.g. REMIT compliance
- Identify and resolve occurring errors proactively, managing the escalation and risk prioritization processes
- handling portfolio management activities
- price / intraday market monitoring
- Be constantly improving the processes and tools used for trading operations
- Provide reports on the trading operations processes, reflecting a 360-degree knowledge of trade lifecycle, grid operations, imbalance market & scheduling
- Deep understanding of trade lifecycle covering the full spectrum of pre- / during / and post-trade operations - at least 3+ years of experience within the field
- Proven track record of developing trade lifecycle processes, resolving obstacles, improving status quo i.e. via development of tools etc.
- Attention to details and passion towards processes in your DNA
- Communication skills
- Reliability: you’re not afraid of taking responsibility and appreciate that people can count on you
- Start-up vibe: you’re used to be doing things yourself, comfortable with lots of changes and lack of mature processes.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: you see the opportunity, roll up your sleeves and go for it, not waiting for direct guidance or approvals.
- You’re a builder who finds it exciting to be developing things from scratch.
What we offer:
- VSOPs & Boni opportunities
- An opportunity to build your own team from scratch without constant guidance
- Room for developing trading operations department in the way you find more efficient
- Be-your-own-boss role: it’s going to be you helping us build the department, not vice versa
- High level of responsibilities from day 1 in a fast-paced environment with a fast track of growth
- Fast communication and decision-making processes
- A unique opportunity to join our dynamic, innovative startup with focus on sustainable energy
- Agile and team oriented working with SCRUM
- Family-vibe team enthusiastic about renewable energy and ready to grow with you!
We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary expectations. Earliest start is as soon as possible.
Sounds like your dream job, but you don't quite meet the 100%? No worries - together we can work on some missing percentages.
Convince yourself and schedule a virtual appointment or drop by our office at Hoheluftchaussee 139 in Hamburg to pose your questions personally over a cup of coffee and get in touch with your potential new colleagues.
Suena is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and reject any form of discrimination. It is important to us to create an inclusive environment for all our team members.
We want to particularly emphasize that our call for applicants is addressed to all genders.
The integration of people with disabilities is an opportunity and not a problem for us, and we, therefore, welcome their application.