Create automated energy trading strategies with us and shape a sustainable future for our energy system now.
Join our Team at suena as a Full-Time Data Scientist & Quantitative Analyst (m/w/d) and participate in the development of our optimization and advanced trading platform for energy storage systems.
suena is short for sustainable energy applications - with our autopilot for optimized battery energy trading we contribute to the revolution of the energy system and boost sustainable development in the field of flexibility in the electricity grids.
Taking into account forecast data and operational constraints, the autopilot includes AI and a generic algorithm to generate the optimal trading strategy for energy storage systems.
Sounds interesting? We are looking for you to join our data science team actively involved in the development of our autopilot.
We place a high level of trust in our team members and offer a high degree of flexibility for example in terms of working location and hours. Nevertheless, we appreciate occasional joint work on-site (if possible) in Hamburg - Hoheluft.
what we offer
- Become a member of our cross-functional data science team in a dynamic and exciting time for our start-up
- Space and high level of freedom to introduce new ideas, strategies and models
- Opportunity to quickly take on a great deal of responsibility and a major influence on our fast-moving start-up
- Support and encouragement of your personal and professional growth
- Becoming part of the suena family and accelerating the energy transition with us!
- A high degree of flexibility in terms of working conditions such as working location and hours
- Free fruit and occasional social after work activities, including sports events or game evenings
you could get involved in
- Challenging quantitative and analytical tasks to advance the development of our automated optimization and trading software
- Developing energy price forecasts and scenario trees as a decision basis for our short-term trading strategies and algorithms
- Strategizing in trading algorithms, optimization and agent-based models, solvers as well as tasks in the area of auction and game theory
- In-depth time series and data analysis, data mining, decision science and predictive analytics
- Collaboration with the software engineering team to implement your analytical work
- Academic background in data or computer science, mathematics, informatics, statistics or related fields
- Advanced analytical and data science skills as well as experience in data processing with Python
- Profound statistical and quantitative knowledge with work experience in data science or machine learning environments of a few years
- Personal initiative, a high level of commitment and the ability to work independently and quickly get to grips with complex issues
- Proficiency in English is a must, German is a plus
- Potential work experience in quantitative modelling, forecasting or machine learning in research, trading or high-growth start-ups would be awesome
- Experience in power trading, algorithmic trading or with electricity/power markets would be great but is not a must
We look forward to receive your application including your salary expectations.
Earliest start is as soon as possible.
Still unsure? Convince yourself & schedule an appointment virtually or drop by at our office in Hoheluftchaussee 139 to pose your questions personally over a cup of coffee and get in touch with your potential new colleagues.
Tom Witter CTO
suena is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and reject any form of discrimination. It is important to us to create an inclusive environment for all our team members.
We want to particularly emphasise that our call for applicants is addressed to all genders.
The integration of people with disabilities is an opportunity and not a problem for us and we therefore we welcome their application.